24.10.06

Water Colors


Water Colors, Copyright 2006 Maureen Shaughnessy
originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

Your absence has gone through me
like thread through a needle.
Everything I do is stitched
with its color


-- W.S.Merwin




Still Life in Water, Copyright 2006 Maureen Shaughnessy
originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.


You do not need to leave your room.
Remain sitting at your table and listen.
Do not even listen, simply wait.
Do not even wait, be quite still and solitary.
The world will freely offer itself to you
to be unmasked,
it has no choice,
it will roll in ecstacy at your feet.


-- Franz Kafka

7 comments:

Patia said...

Really, really lovely.

Tammy Brierly said...

I love your work so much! Do you ever sell pieces? They move me and are stunning!

Endment said...

Love the suggestion
Light is streaming through the window and I am going to simply wait.

Maureen said...

I thought I had left comments here and on a few other of my posts this week, but they have all disappeared. Unless maybe I dreamed I was commenting, which could very well be. lol.

Thank you Patia, for looking and telling me what you think. I'm not as faithful about commenting on other people's blogs as you are, so thanks for hanging in there with me. I've been swamped with work lately!

Tammy I occasionally sell a piece and I would love to talk with you about that. It always makes me feel so good knowing that something I made, a little piece of my vision, is hanging on somebody else's wall or wherever ... So, email and we can talk about it.

Endment, you sweetie! I hope that day went beautifully for you, waiting for that sunlight through the window to reveal something profound in you, or maybe for you.

paris parfait said...

I'm with Tammy - I want to know if you sell any of your work. These pieces are magnificient!

Leesa said...

Wow..these are beautiful :)

Maureen said...

Thanks, Tara and Leesa I really appreciate your feedback

Tara and Tammy.... I do sell my work occasionally, though I don't have an "official" gallery website store ... it's pretty much as I get requests. Would you email me to let me know which images you're interested in? thanks

And thank you to everyone for commenting. I haven't been keeping my blog as regularly as I was earlier in the year -- too busy with the work I do to earn a living (ironic I'd say that in a thread where 2 people asked if they could buy prints, heheh) But I'll get back to being faithful to my blog soon!