9.11.06

Poetry Thursday: she was just a child


She was just a child, originally uploaded by MontanaRaven.

I made this for Poetry Thursday.
Today I am in a thousand percent visual mood.



the words are
in there somewhere
she was only a child ...

i could not write it



Link
Today's post is part of a growing circle of blog posts written for Poetry Thursday, begun by poets, Liz and Dana. Click on their names to see their blogs, or check out the other poetry posts for this week by clicking this button:



Poetry Thursday: this week’s (completely and totally optional) idea — snapshots

8 comments:

wendy said...

this strikes me as haunting. I hope it is a small secret..maybe a crush or a jealosy. But I fear it may be bigger...

Catherine said...

It's beautifully composed, and I love the way the colours work subtly together. Very intriguing

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing your blog (again) and there are so many beautiful images here!

Endment said...

How many feelings you have captured in your picture! You are right "the words are in there"

Pam said...

Your art touches the eyes and the mind. Lovely, haunting poem.

Jayne said...

How beautiful.

jillypoet said...

Wow! This is such a cool piece of art! I wish it were bigger so I could get lost in it! The images, the colors, the composition, I love it! It is a poem itself. And yes, as the others have noticed, haunting. I never realized how powerful the words child & dress can be. Something to think more about! Is your pic a collage? How did you do it? I love collaging, but somehow, mine never seem so powerful!

Bitterroot said...

I have no words to say how I feel about this. It is very poignant to me.