11.11.07

Relaxing after setting up 3rd annual woodworking exhibit

When we finished setting up the exhibit of the Helena Woodworkers' Guild last week, we paused for a few minutes to admire the different pieces of excellent craftsmanship in the show.


Our opening reception was Friday evening, a smashing success, though I'm glad it's over. Took alot of effort to get to that point -- effort by many guild members and a few of their partners (like me.)

I maintain the guild's website as a favor to my husband, Tim, the current guild president. Naturally I'm proud of Tim's beautiful furniture.... but I am also impressed by the many other talented woodworkers we have in Helena, Montana -- a small city with a big arts culture. Their annual show just keeps getting better every year.


If you are interested in seeing some wonderful woodworking even if you can't make it to Helena during November to see it in person, please enjoy this slideshow of the exhibit on the Guild's website, Sawdust and Shavings, along with a collection of photos I shot during the reception. Comments are welcome either here or on Sawdust and Shavings. Thank you very much for looking. :)

2 comments:

Patia said...

I LOVE that chair! Gorgeous lines.

Pam said...

The chair and table are exquisite and wouldn't I just love to see them in my home! I like your black-and-white photo, too.